SPLISH SPLASH I WAS TAKING A (SPLASH)
Updated: Jul 8, 2021
"We found some Amazing spots"
I have been looking for a water feature area where I could take the kids and go splash around without the risk of being exposed to a lot of people. Well, let me tell you. Splash pads are great for this due to fact that there’s no lingering around in waters like pools where bacteria can grow. Don't get me wrong there are still water born infections that can still be passed around in these places. However, the water is filtered, and treated with chlorine or bromine and maybe even UV lights that allows the water to be cleaned and re-distributed. And the best part of this all, especially if your kid can’t swim is, you as the parent or guardian does not have to get dressed in swimwear and go in and there’s plenty of space to run around. We found some amazing spots. Of course there are still risks in getting out and sharing common space so please go at your own risk and be cautious.
👙 Go before 11am if possible (However they all have late hours too & that could work too)
🩳 Go during an early weekday (Mon-Wed) to Avoid large crowds
👙Call Parks & Rec and see their sanitization policy & cleaning & ask about the last inspection
🩳Bring Sanitizer, fresh clothes, bottle water
👙Wear water shoes
🩳Don’t linger too long (20-30mins is my max)
👙Be observant of sick kids or parents
🩳 Talk w/ child about keeping a safe distance
👙Bathe at home ASAP
🩳 And don't forget Sunscreen
Have fun, don’t get too freaked out and most importantly let your kid have fun.
Pro Parent Tip:
Go when they’re fresh and not tired, the earlier the better. Also, if you have a kid like mine that has meltdowns when it’s time to go make sure to have a snack or activity to transition into after the park to focus their attention elsewhere.
North Dallas Splash Pad Parks
- Oak Hils Splash Park - 1225 Royal Palm Ln, Carrollton, TX 75007 (Hrs 9am-8pm)
- B.J. Thomas Splash Pad - 1955 Perry Rd, Carrollton, TX 75006 (Hrs 9am-8pm)
- The Colony Aquatic Park - 1001 Witt Rd, Little Elm, TX 75068 (Hrs 8am-9pm) (kids)$2 (Adults) $3 Kids under a certain age has to be accompanied by an adult.
- Little Elm Splash Pad - 1001 Witt Rd, Little Elm, TX 75068 (Hrs 8am-9pm)
- Frisco Commons Splash Pad - 8000 McKinney Rd, Frisco, TX 75034 (Hrs 8am-8pm)
- Ash Woods Park - 10301 J F K Blvd, McKinney, TX 75070 (Hrs 7am-9pm)
- Parr Park Sprayground - 3010 Parr Ln, Grapevine, TX 76051 (Hrs 8am-8pm)
- Windhaven Meadows Park - 5400 Windhaven Pkwy, Plano, TX 75093 (Hrs 5am-11pm)